Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] CVS changes

Hi,
 may I add my 2 cents worth.

I have been on the openh323 mailing list for just under 3 years.
For the last 2 years, the script has run to report on changes.

This script generates the summary of the description of the changes.
In my experience, the script does the following
  *alerts the interested reader to changes that are taking place.

   *For the uninterested reader, a long message indicates lots of changes
    have been made.

  *Provides a means for public acknowledgement of a persons fix.
    You see, if someone sends me a fix (on or offline) for openh323
    code, I will commit it, with thanks to the author.
    In the daily script on openh323, you will see messages like
      *
      * Revision 1.10  2000/05/08 08:55:44  robertj
      * Fixed production error for ValueSet, thanks Huang-Ming Huang
      *
    Which is great, cause it means that the author receives due credit.

   *the script is robotic like - yes. However, better that way.
    You see, computers are good at doing repetitive things, like
    collecting the changes. I would rather a computer did that, than
    someone collecting changes manually and posting it.
    I Rather that people develop code, than generate status messages.

   *It makes the task of reporting on changes at the end of the month
    easy. Collect all cvs change files, combine, edit, and you have it.

It is also low volume.

There is the question though - is this the right list, or should it go to
gnomemeeting developers.

I cannot answer this question - sorry.

Derek.