Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] MS netmeeting

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Ryan Leduc wrote:

> Actually, I meant netmeeting.  My guess is they aren't fully compliant on
> purpose.  New "features," I'm sure ;-)

It might be unique to the version of NM that comes with Win/ME (which I
don't have) I'm been doing a bit of GM<-->NM with versions 3.0 (build
4.4.3345) under Win98 and 3.01 (build 4.4.3385) under Win2000 and also
with several NM installs at friends and have yet to have a disconnect/drop
with 0.84 (well, one drop, but that was because 98 crashed on the other
end).  Admittedly, all the connections I have done have been over
high-speed (broadband or better) so link quality may have something to do
with it which is what Damien mentioned earlier.

I did set up a test for GM stability (I've just been testing the client
and wasn't specifically looking at link stability) and it has been running
over my home network for 27 hours now (GM0.84<-->NM3.01build 4.4.3385).
Not much content going over the connection, unless one of our cats walks
in front of the camera  :-), but it's been perfectly stable.

--

-Jonathan <davis jdhouse org>