Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Network interface resets when offline

maillog: 10/05/2005-21:42:23(+0200): Damien Sandras types
> Le mardi 10 mai 2005 à 20:26 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> > Jan Schiefer a écrit :
> > > The value is overwritten at program startup ( by a spinbox function ),
> > > not when you change the spinbox.
> >
> > I would say it is normal that gnomemeeting sets it to a sane value at
> > startup if the value that is there is insane. It wouldn't be normal if
> > it were doing it without checking for the value's sanity though.
> >
> > In which case are we?
> >

> in the first one.
>
> It is the same code that applies to the audio devices detection:
> - you choose USB Audio Headset
> - you start GM and the headset is unplugged
> - the preferences are set to a sane value, ie the USB Audio Headset
> choice is overwritten
>
> The problem here is GConf, there is no clean approach to use the "audio
> device" value through GConf, if the value is not set to the available
> device.
>
> I see no way to prevent that cleanly. Ideally, the value should be set
> again to "USB headset" when the "USB headset" is made available again,
> but currently, it keeps the old value.

So you need two settings. "Preferred device" and "current device". Wow,
sounds terrible.

--
*>   Georgi Georgiev   *> Somebody ought to cross ball point pens      *>
<*    chutz gg3 net    <* with coat hangers so that the pens will      <*