Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Network interface resets when offline

Le mardi 10 mai 2005 à 20:26 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> Jan Schiefer a écrit :
> > The value is overwritten at program startup ( by a spinbox function ),
> > not when you change the spinbox.
>
> I would say it is normal that gnomemeeting sets it to a sane value at
> startup if the value that is there is insane. It wouldn't be normal if
> it were doing it without checking for the value's sanity though.
>
> In which case are we?

in the first one.

It is the same code that applies to the audio devices detection:
- you choose USB Audio Headset
- you start GM and the headset is unplugged
- the preferences are set to a sane value, ie the USB Audio Headset
choice is overwritten

The problem here is GConf, there is no clean approach to use the "audio
device" value through GConf, if the value is not set to the available
device.

I see no way to prevent that cleanly. Ideally, the value should be set
again to "USB headset" when the "USB headset" is made available again,
but currently, it keeps the old value.