Re: g-s-d, gnome3: coexisting with gnome2

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Sergey Udaltsov
<sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Do we plan for peaceful coexisting of g-s-d/gnome3 with g-s-d/gnome2?
> That involves coexisting in the filesystem (as separate packages) and
> running (if possible, would be nice) in parallel. Did I miss any
> discussions on the subject?

It doesn't make much sense to have a gnome2 g-s-d in parallel to a
gnome3 g-s-d. There can only be one in your session, and they are
using different backing stores.

We don't aim for fully parallel-installable gnome2 and gnome3. What we
will have is a 'fallback shell' consisting of a number of gnome2
components (panel + metacity, mainly), but they will run in a gnome3
environment.