Re: common GSettings schemas

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 12:01 -0400, Ryan Lortie wrote:

> It's currently a little bit of an open question what we should do about
> "system-wide" GSettings schemas for things like lockdown settings,
> fonts, etc.
[snip]
> reasonable option would be to create a new module with these schemas
> (and nothing else) inside of it -- just XML.  This new module would

A new module sounds reasonable for lockdown settings and "gnomish"
stuff.

What about fonts, though?  If GSettings is already at the Glib level,
shouldn't the defaults for fonts be in a schema provided by GTK+?

I can see things like GtkFileChooser attaining lockdown capabilities,
and its schemas would definitely ship with GTK+, for example.

  Federico