Re: Remove "About Me" for 3.0?

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 15:19 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 15:14 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:

> > Does anyone object to removing "About Me" now an accepting the new
> > accounts dialog as the replacement?
> >
> > Matthias: would you be happy with the new accounts dialog moving to the
> > control center repository once the extensible-shell branch as been
> > merged into master?
>
> Why can't the dialogue stay in its own module? Are the necessary headers
> and libraries not exported for other modules to use? Or do you expect to
> ship all the preferences ever inside gnomecc?

There is a minimum level of settings and preferences functionality that
should be provided by Gnome and the question is: should this new
accounts dialog be part of that (especially since the proposal was to
replace existing functionality provided by About Me)? If it should be
part of Gnome, then it either needs to be integrated into the
gnome-control-center module, or proposed as a new module. However, one
of these things need to be happening before we can consider removing the
About Me capplet.

Regards,

Thomas