Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 15:18 +0000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 14:55 +0200, Denis Washington wrote:
> > > Also:
> > > * what to do with Typing break? I think it could just be a preferences
> > > dialog in the typing break itself (that is, no capplet for it), but then
> > > we need a way to start it. We could either add a single check box to the
> > > input devices capplet to enable / disable it, or just have it started by
> > > default (but then, how to re-enable?)
> >
> > I would try to make typing break a separate utility app; I don't know
> > how to integrate it sanely with the Input Devices capplet, I doubt
> > anybody will look there for typing break,
> >
> well, maybe the name is even wrong, since it's not only a typing break,
> it detects your usage of the keyboard and the mouse, and, I guess, any
> input device you might use. So maybe, with a different name (work break,
> break?), I think it makes sense to have it in the input devices capplet
> if we are going to keep it. All the configuration should be in a
> separate dialog, fired from the typing break status icon itself, but we
> need at least a way to start it.

Preferences only accessible from a status icon would suck. Horribly.

There isn't [1] and shouldn't be any apps that only offer prefs from the
status icon. The status icon is just that, a status icon.

[1]: There's gnome-phone-manager, but there's a definite plan to fixing
that...
--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>