Re: Supporting more color schemes

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 19:07 +0100, Giuseppe Fuggiano wrote:
> Giuseppe Fuggiano wrote:
> > I think that an user would like to use his preferred, custom, schemes
> > not only for a single theme, but also with every theme.
> > I intended these custom schemes globally for all user-installed themes.
> >
> > In both cases, what about sharing?
>
> As you said some posts ago, we have the problem that a downloaded scheme
> file is not attached to a specifical theme. So, where to install that
> file? A solution could be merge schemes into the ~/.themes/colorschemes
> ipotetical file.

If it follows convention, then it will be installed into
~/.themes/$theme_name/, just like GTK+ and Metacity themes are. The
$HOME/.themes/$theme_name is the standard place to install themes.

Rather than have a global file, the other option with user saved colour
schemes is to save it like we do with all other themes - i.e. create
~/.themes/$theme_name/colourscheme for it. Obviously, $theme_name would
be the name of the colour scheme.

Regards,

Thomas