Re: [g-a-devel] Accessibility in Preferred Applications

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 13:33 +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> George, could we also add a direct launch button for each of these
> apps? 'Launch now'. We will likely need to add that feature in Ubuntu
> because we prefer to remove the pre-installed applications from the
> Applications menu.

I think that feature enhancement would be up to the gnome control center
maintainers to add across Preferred Applications.

I plan to create wrapper scripts called screen-reader, magnification,
onscreen-keyboard.  This could simplify the Applications menu.

http://www.cactus.org/~gk4/gnome/gnome-at-screenreader

Once these generic wrappers are introduced, then a set of desktop
keyboard short cuts can be defined to start them.

George (gk4)