Re: [gnome-women] Round of introductions

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a bit late for the round of introductions but I'll still do mine.

My name is Susana Pereira, I'm from Portugal and I work as a software engineer.

I got introduced to Unix in 2001, but times were a bit difficult. I
didn't know much about Unix and people were always playing tricks on
me (sending funny messages via talk, filling my .login with huge
echos, writing poems in my .rhosts, you know, the usual). I was
determined to learn more, even if it was just enough to make it stop,
so I decided to install linux on my computer to play with it and learn
more. I fell in love with FLOSS ever since. :)

I started contributing to GNOME in 2006 as a member of the bugsquad,
sometimes I try to fix the bugs I report, and I recently joined the
membership committee. I think the GNOME community is great, very nice
and welcoming. It's great to participate in the DE I use every day and
to talk to people who know so much about things which I have an
interest on.

I think the outreach program is a great idea. Unfortunately, I was
unable to attend the recent IRC meeting but I look forward to reading
the minutes.

Cheers,

Susana