Re: ms may27 - front page implementation plan

hey,

> > in my plan there i point out 2 strategies to add content to the
> > front-page... i prefer strategy 1 but this should be discussed.
>
> IIUC, strategy 2 means we'll be directly editing front-page-specific
> content, and strategy 1 means we'll indirectly edit content that will
> show up on front page, right?
strategy 1: to add a banner someone has to add it to a special folder
and then linking it into the specific row/colum of the front-page
collage.

strategy 2: to add a banner someone has to add it directly into the
front-page collage.

both strategies have pro's and con's as described.

> In terms of use cases, my impression is that editors will be only
> adding news and updating banners on front page most of the time.
> Let's see what we get from Content and Design teams first.

yes let's wait for them.

anyway i suggest to add new news in a seperate blog-like section of the
website and have the 3-4 newest entries automatically on the frontpage
via a collection (a "search folder") or rss feed.

> I couldn't find any user documentation about collage anywhere...
me too :)

> Anyway, please make sure you add useful links to the wiki page, just
just the main dev site for products.collage

> in case. As for the training, do you think an IRC training session
> would be enough?

i guess remote training will work. but we have to provide tools which
help us with communication. for example, that we don't have to describe
what we see textually (e.g. the menu-items someone has to click onto).
IRC in combination with Ekiga or Skype and a remote desktop viewer could
do that. are there any other tools for this?

# johannes raggam