Re: help on start using git on a gnomeweb-wml project

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 18:49, Xavi de Blas <xaviblas gmail com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> And if i locally delete the files of all the projects i don't need...
>> howto ignore them when i push the changes to my project?
>>
> I don't think that works. Maybe a good idea to start helping with the
> gnome plone project. This will make it a lot easier to make some
> changes to a web page
>
> Jaap

It's a wild guess but what will happen if I:

clone the repo gnome-wml
branch locally
remove all the other projects leaving only mine with the right structure
commit the branch (branch here is diverging from master)
push this local branch as a new remote branch

Ask ppl to get only that branch.

I think there should be a way to get _only one_ specified remote
branch and to have always the other listed in the local git repo, but
without the content being downloaded.

I think this will raise a lot of issues from an infrastructure and
maintenance point of view:
# I'm thinking about the rename of the domain that murray has made
long time ago...)
# The scripts that sync the website content with the git repo has to
be completely restructured. (It has to pull from master otherwise from
the branch name corresponding to the website)

I don't know if there are better solutions.

Cheers,
Michele.