Content on the test site

Hi, I have a couple questions.

A couple years ago when we were working on the content, we were writing and editing in Ramon's test website.  Is that content still available?  Looking at the current content on the new test site at http://gnome.rehfisch.de/ I don't see some of the content we had finished back then.  (I'm sure some of it needs to be updated either way, but it was a nice starting point).

The second question is how we want to create and edit content - do we want to this approach again and edit in the test site?  If so, can we have accounts created for the writers and editors?  Or is not recommended based on how we'll be migrating the site when it's time to go live?  (And the situation above...)  My personal preference would be to create and edit it on the test site - part of writing the text is seeing the layout on the page.

Paul