Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

Murray Cumming schrieb:

> Your opinions are welcome (though I wish you'd be concise and pay
> attention to what's happening). But please don't get in the way of our
> communication with the Plone developers.

What you post on gnome web list or marketing list is targetted to the
subscribers and to people who are involved in some way. If I answer a
public posting I do not get in the way of anything. I have often asked
for anybody who thinks he is in charge or for the foundation to give a
name. Actually your last mail was the first time you stated publicly
that you think you are - and undoubtedly you do act. But I also often
heard "there is nobody in charge" - so if nobody made a statement and
neither the wiki did (before Ramon Navarro put you on top of the list)
you can not blame me for not recognizing something behind closed curtains.

Actually I think its good if somebody takes responsibility, although I
still hope it is possible that the Plone site development brings
everything else to a halt. Like something simple as a customized 404
page - which is so essential when pages are removed and there is no
redirect. Large tasks take a long time, minor improvements take no time.
But right now I dont see minor improvements. But just because something
is done easily does not mean it is not worth doing or not important. I
can not accept that some things are not fixed for 4-5 years if it takes
only minutes to fix them.

I dont want to get in any way of progress of Plone and I also dont think
- with all due respect - I did.

Regards,
Thilo