Re: [wgo] XHTML1.0 Strict vs HTML 4.01

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:32:04AM -0500, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> Everybody's saying that XHTML is good enough, but why isn't HTML good
> enough?  When XHTML is supported, we can move to that easily, but
> until then, I'd stick with HTML.

Not everybody. I just try to avoid 'me too' responses (oh well).

To me referring to the benefits of XHTML while no browser will interpret
it as XHTML does not make sense. Yes, you can do server-side hacks, but
that defaults the purpose of XHTML (IMO).

I suggest to accept both HTML 4.01+ and XHTML. Do not think XHTML is the
future, as I also saw some mention of HTML 5. However, if Plone is
'XHTML', let it stay that way.
--
Regards,
Olav