Re: From guadec.org to events.gnome.org

En/na Jeff Waugh ha escrit:
> I wish Drupal had slightly better virtual domain / category stuff,
> so we could keep making clear URLs, but manage everything in the one place.
> Bet someone's written something for that, though...

If I understand what you mean, Drupal can do this.

More than one Drupal site on one machine
http://drupal.org/node/274

You could also create a sub homepage events.gnome.org/guadec2006 and set
a redirect from guadec2006.gnome.org or even 2006.guadec.org...

I mean, the system is flexible. You may challenge it with specific
suggestions.

> Let's not try to solve the world's ills here -> we can start by turning
> guadec.org into a Drupal site for GUADEC 2006 *and beyond*. Then we can play
> around with URL rewriting or better virtual domain / category support. Is
> that going to work for the GUADEC team?

Works for me. We will possibly convince more with facts rather than
emails.  :)  And we need a basic GUADEC7 site soon.

And ok to keep a separation between the wiki (behind the scenes) and the
website (interface with the outer community). The website helps us
approaching new people to GNOME and GNOME events, the wiki is IMHO too
clearly for insiders (only).

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org