Re: Drupal as candidate to be challenged

<quote who="Quim Gil">

> Localisation was my last concern about using Drupal for the wgo
> management. After seeing how the i18n module works, I have no more
> concerns. In my opinion Drupal has proved to be the best candidate we have
> so far.

The invasiveness of the i18n module concerns me (sufficiently enough to not
use it immediately for The Fridge) as an impediment to keeping Drupal up to
date.

I'm also not convinced that wgo actually *needs* Drupal. From all plans so
far (previous and current), it's a very small site that requires little in
the way of dynamism itself (it can easily include feeds from other places
where it makes sense, such as news on the front page, press releases, etc).

linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

      "In addition to these ample facilities, there exists a powerful
       configuration tool called gcc." - Elliot Hughes, author of lwm