Signing off the wgo goals

There is a lot of planning work done in http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb
and it's perhaps the time to sign off agreements in order to start
prototyping and developing with a stable base.

Starting with the Goals -
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb#head-48d8c627be3c12fac8a0a9ddb9ceaa5e126cf358

* Easy Navigation

I guess we all agree. A user discovering GNOME for the first time should
be able to understand who we are, what we do and where is the
interesting stuff (for her) easily.

* Easy Modification

Me need to be more specific on what does this mean.

In my understanding this means moving from CVS to CMS's, in plural since
we are going to use different tools. But all these tools should be easy
to use by the editors responsable of the pages these tools generate.

* Enable the use of multiple languages

Agreed in the principle, but we also need to define what does this
means. Or at least what are the objective the revamp v1.0 aims to cover.

There are many ways to enable multiple languages but we need to define
where and how we want to enable them:

- What are the translatable areas? All of them like the GNOME Desktop?
Or should we start enabling l10n of only some parts? Which ones?

- How is the revamp affecting http://de.gnome.org/ ,
http://es.gnome.org/ , http://fr.gnome.org/ ....?

- We want interaction, so translation goes together with localized
interaction: how are we going to integrate forums, mailing lists, wikis
on this?

If we are talking about a tools&subsites based gnome.org we need to
check the l10n aspects of any subsite and any tool.

* Access for disabled people (eg. Blind, Color Blind, etc.)

This is agreed for sure. This means keeping Web Standards at least, and
accomplishing http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/ if possible. We will need to
check this tool by tool, template by template, making sure eveything is
XHTML/CSS compliant and at least the core parts of he site are fully
accessible.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org