Re: Collected suggestions for index.html changes...

From: "Curtis C. Hovey", Wed Jan 14 19:58:53 2004
> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 21:40, Steve Hall wrote:
> >
> > I see no reason to re-design the site yet again, only to implement
> > it the first time. (Am I laughing or crying at this point?)
>
> I completely agree with you. Users are asking for content, not a
> redesign.

Using the HTML/CSS from the About page, I derived this:

  http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v4/index.html.new2

About the only custom thing here is that the top nav links are
replaced by the splash graphic. No biggie, because the nav is
duplicated in the sidebar.

I'd vote the splash gets a wee bit smaller so the Headlines start
above the fold, and let it rip. The beauty is, no change to
default.css is needed. And this works for me even with fonts at 200%.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]