gnome-vfs "Operation interrupted" exception in transfer

Hi,

I'm always getting "Operation interrupted" exceptions thrown from calls
to Gnome::Vfs::Transfer::transfer (C++ binding to gnome_vfs_xfer_uri).
The URI's I'm using point to real files/directories, and everything's
writable, so I have no idea where I'm going wrong.

My invocation is:
	Gnome::Vfs::Transfer::transfer (
		target,
		dest,
		Gnome::Vfs::XFER_REMOVESOURCE,
		Gnome::Vfs::XFER_ERROR_MODE_ABORT,
		Gnome::Vfs::XFER_OVERWRITE_MODE_SKIP);

Where target->to_string() equals file:///home/jcspray/myfile
  and dest->to_string() equals file:///home/jcspray/.Trash/myfile

This call is pretty much verbatim out of rhythmbox (albeit translated
into gnome-vfsmm), and it seems to work for them.

Any ideas?  What does operation interrupted usually signify?

Regards,
John