Re: Fwd: baobab: Flat view

Hi Fabio,

El lun, 22-10-2007 a las 18:08 +0200, Fabio Marzocca escribió:
> Javier,
>
> just to clearly understand. I am attaching here a sample view from
> baobab. After having scanned my home folder, I realized that the
> .mozilla-thunderbird folder is using 54% of the /home/fabio space. I
> have expanded the view and I have been showed that the big folder was
> the Mail subfolder, using 99.5% of the 1005,9 MB of its father. The
> same is shown on the rings-chart.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to point out. I know
how to find big mean directories one by one and that's what I ended up
doing. I just wanted a way to see them all together at a glimpse, so I
can let the computer do the boring tasks for me (i.e. drilling and
sorting) and I can focus on the heuristics (e.g. determining what's
actually taking more space than it should).

If my explanation and the analogy I presented via System Monitor didn't
make my point clear I will try to give a more specific example.

Regards.

PS: The attachment is missing from your e-mail. You gotta love that
feature in the latest version of Evolution that warns you when you write
"attach*" and forget to attach any files :)
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen users sourceforge net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802