Re: [guadec-list] What's happening this Saturday [was Re: Train Times to Brum]

Hi,

Peter Oliver wrote:
> How many volunteers are we seaking in total?  We've currently got 14
> signed up at http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2007/Volunteer. With two people
> per room per half-day for the core days and one person per room per
> half-day for the other days, that gives us 54 sessions, or about 3 or 4
> sessions per person.
>
> Seems reasonable?  If we recruit any more volunteers it could be hard
> keeping track of them all.

There's actually lots of stuff volunteers do - introducing sessions and
making sure a/v equipment is OK, for sure. But there's also the welcome
desk, event set-up & tear-down, errand running & lots more stuff. 17
volunteers isn't enough. And yes, communication is an issue, you'll need
a decent boss to organise some kind of structure and keep everyone on
the same page.

Cheers,
Dave.

--