Re: The header on www.uk.gnome.org

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 10:31 -0400, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> Most of the other GNOME sites have some kind of landscape along the
> top header. www.uk.gnome.org uses the same style but has a Union Jack.
> I think it might be better to use a landscape, both for uniformity
> with the rest of the site and because the Union Jack has rather
> jingoistic overtones these days.

Claim it back! Frankly, it's pretty much the same problem all around the
world, especially in the post-WWII Europe, where flags are regarded as
nationalist symbols, rather than what they represent: a nation, a
people.

I don't really like the header, but it has more to do with the
graphism/style than the content.

> Something like this, maybe:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:White_cliffs_of_dover_09_2004.jpg

It's a shame I didn't have a (decent) camera with me tonight, the sun
was coming down, it was raining (how unusual ;) and the sky was all
overcast in a light shade of pink, like a big mass of candyfloss.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>