=?Big5?Q?Google_Summer_of_Code_=BBP_Outreach_Program_for_Women?= =?Big5?Q?_=AC=A1=B0=CA=A4S=A8=D3=A4F_=5E=5E?=

Dear ALL:

轉一下相關訊息
Google Summer of Code 與 Outreach Program for Women 活動

Hi!

Google Summer of Code organizations application period will take place
from February 27 to March 9. The accepted organizations will be
announced on March 16 and the student application deadline is April 6.
Can someone please start preparing GNOME's application to participate?

We need to start letting students know that they should prepare to
apply for GSoC as early as possible. Contributing to any organization
would help with applying to the ones that are accepted. We should also
announce the Outreach Program for Women internships to give the
applicants as much time as possible to work on the required first
contribution.

I updated the information page about OPW, prepared an e-mail that
people could use to advertise both GSoC and OPW, and created a page
with information for mentors in GNOME.

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2012
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2012/SpreadTheWord
https://live.gnome.org/InfoForMentors

The big change for this round of OPW is that instead of the dedicated
list of mentors it now points the applicants to the GNOME-wide list of
mentors available on https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Mentors . I
moved the OPW list of mentors there a few months ago, and people have
been adding themselves to it. With this list, we now provide all
newcomers with a way to find a mentor in GNOME who can help them with
the first contribution!

I've also encouraged other organizations to create such lists of
mentors or provide links to the information about other ways newcomers
can connect with mentors in their organization.
http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/Mentors has these
links and will be used to encourage students to find mentors in
different organizations. In particular, we are planning to spread the
word about this resource among various women groups, which will help
encourage more women participate in GSoC.

I put the things that have proved to be important for OPW, such as a
requirement for the applicant to contribute to the project they are
applying for and an encouragement of manageable projects with commits
throughout the internships period, on the GNOME's InfoForMentors page.
Could we have contributing to the module one is applying to work on,
rather than contributing to any module in GNOME, be a requirement for
GSoC? This will better prepare both new and existing contributors for
their work during the summer and will show us that people are actually
comfortable working on the module they are applying to work on.

Please let me know if you have any feedback about these resources!
Four OPW interns - Liansu, Christy, Meg, and Tamara - are now working
on an awesome comic about the application process for OPW, and we'll
be ready to announce the next round once this comic is ready.

Thanks,
Marina

Best regards

Max