Re: button themes

On 28 Jan, Russell Nelson shouted:
->  Shawn T. Amundson writes:
->   > It seems to me that we want will want to have some other
->   > faster method for creating parts of themes instead of only
->   > pixmaps.
->
->  No.  It's quite easy to optimize tiling an unscaled 1x1 pixmap into
->  drawing a line or filling an area, if that turns out to be necessary.
->  Let's not multiple entities needlessly.
->
->   > We will assume for now that works like magic and found all
->   > the files and such.  We need a couple more functions for
->   > working with loaded themes (note - more than one theme can
->   > be loaded at once to allow switching at runtime).
->
->  Not necessary.  You want to switch, you load again.
->
->   > gtk_theme_unload("57chevy");
->
->  You want to switch, you load again.
->
->   > gtk_theme_refresh("57chevy");
->
->  You want to refresh, you load again.
->
->   > This will allow us to notify widgets when they can no longer
->   > use a theme or when they should redraw because the theme
->   > has been refreshed.
->
->  Refresh the root window when the theme changes.  But hmmm....  How do
->  running applications access the new pixmaps?

The widget trees can be scanned heirachially calling the "theme_free"
and "theme_new" callback on each widget - the functions there handle the
rest. I think I'll try and just get a theme going for buttons only in a
hacked gtk today, if I have time, to see hwo much really needs to be
done.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com