Re: The concept from MUI (Amiga)

> sure, the ability must be given to reconfigure every element of a
> specific application or do it
> global. therefore i thought about a central tool that...
>
> 1. holds all existing widgets (and styles) in a list
> 2. sends messages to all gtk-applications to redraw with the new
> configuration (when pressing update)
> 3. and collects all configuration screens out of the widget and
> style-classes to bundle it in one
>    tool, so that the user will love to customize his desktop.
>
> and it would be very interessting if there would be a possibility to
> tell a specific widget of an
> application, "hey, i want to reconfigure you NOW!" - like the way
> "editres" does sending messages
> to its clients to get the resources-tree. any ideas ?

  Sounds like this sort of thing ought to be done through Corba
somehow. I don't know enough to suggest a detailed solution ;)

> >   I have some code (written for the free qt project) you can look
> > at if you want. Email me if you want me to send it to you. It's C++
> > (obviously) and uses imlib. It's pretty crude, I was just hacking to
> > see how easy it would be to implement.
> >
> >         Jo
> is it for qt or gtk ?

  Well, it's a more-or-less Qt-compatible clone of the Qt event
distribution and pushbutton classes (plus supporting classes).
So it's not directly applicable to the question of theming gtk. I just
thought it might be useful, since it's the only X-themed-widget stuff
that's currently written (as far as I know).

	Jo