Re: Introducing Gursimran singh (simar on IRC)

Hello Gursimran,

I had a look at the ideas page. I can comfortably use python and C. I have beginners experience with pyGTK
GTK+. Besides that I can learn any new framework required for the project. The following projects seems
interesting.

Boxes: Fill the gap with Vinagre

Did you run/use GNOME Boxes or Vinagre?
I think a good start is talk with the possible mentors for this
project: zeenix and teuf, in #boxes IRC channel.

Archive integration

Did you see that Cosimo wrote a few notes about the project in:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Archives

Add Musicbrainz support to EasyTAG

Although this project has a clear goal, I suggest you to talk with
David King (amigadave).

Porting color management in GNOME to Wayland

Do you have some experience with Wayland?

Gnome Tweak Tool UI Refresh

Same comment did about EasyTAG project.

I have full determination to work in Gnome and would be thankful if community could suggest me how should I
strengthen my application. I can try add some patches to bugs once the project finalizes.

Let me advice you as an ex-GSoC student. Spliting your time to fix a
few bugs in 5 projects, write 5 proposals can be a bit hard.
I strongly would like to suggest you to focus in 1 or 2 ideas. But
what idea? It's up to you. Choosing a project you already have been
using in your day-to-day is always good. Choosing a project where you
have more familiarity with the languages is also good. But, as I said
above, it's up to you.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio