GTG & liblarch - Week report #01

Hi everybody!

The first week of GSoC is over! This week I've created a simple demo to put my hands on multithreading in PyGTK and learn that it is not so easy. More info about the demo is at [1]. The rest of the week I spent by studying. I do not start from the scratch as many of you -- I should continue on the existing code base. I think the reading code and unit test was useful thing to do.

The next week I will create another demo. I will copy liblarch to it and build around it a prototype of GTG -- add a new task (with random title) and remove a task. Then I will try to reproduce known bugs. In other words, I will prepare the environment for rewriting parts of liblarch.

See you next week!

Izidor

1: http://blog.matusov.sk/archive/threads-and-gtk-gsoc-week-1