GObject property binding support in Glade - Weekly Report 01

Hi,

So this was it, my first week of GSoC work. I must admit that I currently don't have as much time as I would like to as my semester is not over yet. Having said that, I am actually slightly ahead of my schedule. I already finished my first task - extending GTK+'s GtkBuilder parser to support a new <binding> element for defining property bindings - on Wednesday; there were much lees code changes required than I have initially expected. I have pushed a GTK+ branch with the changes (named "gtkbuilder-gbinding") to the GTK+ repository at git.gnome.org.

After that I started working on the Glade side of things. I am currently working on making Glade's GtkBuilder parser (which is not the same as the one of GTK+) recognize the <binding> tag, too, and save the the read property bindings as part of its internal data model. Next on the line will be support for writing property bindings back to GtkBuilder files. So by the end of next week, it should be possible to open GtkBuilder files with property binding definitions in Glade and save them later without losing any information.

Maybe there'll also be something actually user-visible to show by then; we'll see. ;)

Regards,
Denis