Re: Student session at the Desktop Summit

Le jeudi 26 mai 2011, à 16:46 +0200, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
> This is a bit off-topic but I wanted to respond here:
> Please try to make a talk at GUADEC. Usually the GSoC projects are
> presented in form of lightning talks which is maximum ten minutes. This
> is a really good excercise as nobody is there judging on you.
>
> Lots of people talk there for the first time in front of a bigger
> audience and not many people a born as great (english) speakers but be
> sure that the GNOME community will take this into account and is
> interested in what you present much more than whether your presentation
> is stunning.
>
> Other than that, most people (hi Andre, hi Vincent) usually create their
> slides about 5 minutes before their talk so be sure your presentation
> won't get negative attention ;)

Johannes is 100% right (well, except that I don't create slides 5
minutes before my talks -- it's usually 10-15 minutes before).

And on top of what was already mentioned, the other benefit of having a
lightning talk is that people can really put a face on your name, and
can then more easily come to you to discuss about the project you've
been working on.

Cheers,

Vincent

--