Re: Location-aware GNOME Shell: weekly report 8 & 9

Le mardi 26 juillet 2011, à 16:37 +0200, Stéphane Maniaci a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> Week 8 was focused on my control-center panel, I added more
> functionality and robustness to it, and blessed g_variant_ref_sink()
> for fixing one of those mysterious ref-counting bugs that keep you
> stuck for days. After that I took days off and celebrated my birthday
> most of the nights :).
>
> Week 9 I dived into the Shell code, to actually get locations from the
> GSettings key, but for some reasons, `jhbuild run gnome-shell` doesn't
> seem to use the gsettings-desktop-schema of JHBuild, so I get
> segfaults because the location schema doesn't exist. So I'm still
> unsure about the sanity of installing gsettings-desktop-schema
> system-wide, but until I found a better workaround I might just do it.

I assume that glib-compile-schemas was rightfully called after
installing the schema? :-)

If nothing works, you can set the GSETTINGS_SCHEMA_DIR environment
variable (to something like "/gnome/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas", ie the
directory where there'll be the gschemas.compiled file).

In the worst case, just copy the one gschema.xml file you need to your
system, but that's really horrible.

Cheers,

Vincent

--