Adding Positional Tags to Shotwell: Weekly Report 07

Hi!

[NOTE: You can see a Spanish version of this mail in my personal blog, http://sanva.net/blog/100/ ]

Last week I continued improving the interface of the Faces tool. Until now, if the photo was clicked (having Faces tool activated, of course) a new rectangle would be added with default dimensions. Now the user has to click & drag to create that rectangle, as if he wants to select an area.

I also continued working a bit on face detection, looking for info in the OpenCV web page ( http://opencv.willowgarage.com/ ), thinking about how to implement an usable interface to this feature, and managing to compile Shotwell with some code to test the VAPI file I created —I have been testing it with C and Vala test programs, but now I have that test code working inside Shotwell.

This week I'll continue to work on those things, since my mentor continues to ask me for little improvements in the Faces tool interface —I think that with all this little changes the whole thing is going very well.

Cheers!