Jokosher Telepathy support: weekly report #5

Hi everyone!

With my code (which can be found in my telepathy-ng branch on
Launchpad) Jokosher now properly make a audio call with Google Talk
user and playbacks conversation (now only trough autoaudiosink). It
required lot of help from #telepathy channel (again, thanks guys for
bearing with me), as I not only followed nice call.py example from
telepathy-python, but I also wanted to understand what I actually was
doing. It seems that I will have to collect my notes after GSoC and
have some patches for Telepathy developer manual done, so next newbie
gets better insight what happens. Also as promised I did several tests
with friends, which were successful.

For next week I plan to add another instrument for local speaker when
adding VoIP, and connect local/remote speaker outputs to Jokosher
recording/playback pipelines using gstreamer tee elements. Currently I
did it recording PA monitoring channel, which was cheating :) I also
plan to polish all corners and handle all telepathy/farisght errors so
user gets nice experience. And if everything goes smoothly as planned,
it would be all for first part of my Google SoC. After testing runs I
also promise to do one big blog post with several screencasts to
demonstrate how this stuff works.

Respectfully,
Peteris Krisjanis.