Anjuta Snippets Manager - weekly report #12

Hey,

     Well, this would be my last weekly report. GSoC, culminating with
GUADEC, was one of the best experiences I ever had and looking back I
actually regret it's over :). Anyway, the patch with the plugin can be
found as an attachment for bug #618142 at [1]. I suppose it should be
applied to anjuta master soonish after Johannes will have time to
review it.

     * What have I done this week?

          Well, at the start of the week I tried solving some bugs
because my plugin doesn't work that well with the Scintilla editor
(only tested with GtkSourceView until that point). Made a bit of
progress because at the beginning Anjuta was actually crashing when
trying to insert a snippet in Scintilla. Right now, auto-complete and
dynamic snippets don't really work with Scintilla, so, sadly, I
recommend using the snippets plugin only with GtkSourceView (dynamic
snippets actually work for Scintilla as long as the variables have
only one appearance).
          I also did a basic Import/Export feature. Right now, all the
database is exported and when importing, if a conflict is detected,
the old snippet will be overwritten.

     * Future plans.

          Though this is the end of Google Summer of Code, I will
still support my plugin from now on, by fixing bugs and adding new
features.
          The features that are to be added include:
          > a more advanced import/export: asking the user with some
type of a checklist how to deal with conflicts when importing and
allowing selection of the snippets to be exported.
          > work on various backends to allow importing snippets from
other editors.
          > make the plugin compatible with the scintilla editor.

     And that would be about it ... for now. Also want to say a big
"thank you" to Johannes for his patience with me because I really tend
to ask a lot of questions :).

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=167849

     Dragoș Dena