Totem Chapters Plugin - Weekly Report 11

Hey all there,

here is my weekly report #11 (see text version below):
http://axsaprykin.blogspot.com/2010/08/gsoc-weekly-code-report-11.html

====================
        text version
====================

Ouh, yet another week is gone. It's a time for the "soft" pencils down
state — to fix bugs and to make final touches. Well, I still have a
lot of work and ideas to do :) For me the finish line of the GSoC 2010
is rather smooth because I will continue working on my project after
that, so it's just some kind of a checkpoint I have to go through.

This week I was working on my GstToc implementation. First of all, I
fixed some stuff: added GstStructure field to GstToc and GstTocEntry
to store some additional info there, added pointer to the GstPad into
every GstTocEntry to track the origin of the chapters. I added a new
GstQuery — TOC query, using which you can retrieve full TOC with UID
marker for the TOC entry which can be used to extend the TOC with new
entries. Also I added a new GstEvent — TOC select event, to select a
chapter or edition to start playback from. It will make easier
chapters navigation via applications. Now I can remove start/stop and
format values from GstTocEntry because they are not generic (some
elements doesn't need them), but we need to find a way to store these
values somewhere so that applications can retrieve them for additional
information for the user interface. And I updated GstToc tests to
handle new query and event, and docs for all the recent changes.

Well, I've done not so much I wanted last week, but last three days I
was working only for some hours due to the breakage of my laptop's AC
adapter :( Just got a new one ($55 for that — the costs are quite high
here in Russia), and now I can work more. I'm moving out of the city
for two weeks, so I'll be online not a much time, but I'll not stop
working and try to find some kind of mobile broadband Internet there.
Next week I want to work on GstToc stuff and it's implementation in
the Matroska element.

   git shortlog

repository: git://gitorious.org/gstreamer-chapters/gstreamer-core.git

commit ec5a904bf5674266b1e749dabf9f48c83305d983