[weekly report] week 1: RAW Processing in F-Spot

Hi all!

First week of coding. Atleast in theory. For me the first week hasn't
seen much GSoC activity, as I'm currently in the final stages of writing
my masters thesis (the Belgian academic year ends at the end of June).

As such, my pace has been low, but this was known in advance and will be
taken into account. In the first week (and the couple of weeks before
that too actually), I've mostly spent my rare time on getting F-Spot to
build and getting back into F-Spot development. Getting a good git
workflow was part of that (and helping others in the process), which is
now starting to pay off as we're seeing lots of activity on f-spot.

I've just submitted my first thesis draft, awaiting feedback. Fingers
crossed that the amount of required modification will be small :-).
I'm going to start picking up pace now, but I'm sure you can understand
that progress is at a lower pace while my graduation isn't guaranteed.

Cheers,
    Ruben

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)