[weekly report] week 10: Python and GObject-Introspection

Hey,

This week, the big piece of news is that I got a brand new mentor:
Alberto Ruiz. Motivation++;
Unfortunately, Johan was not able to fulfill his role anymore...

So, we now have a plan for the world domination too. First, I need to
make the signals work correctly with introspected objects. Then, you'll
probably hear from us.

In the meantime, here is a short log of last week's commits:
      Add release support for simply and doubly linked lists
      Move code to avoid useless allocations
      Add release support for hash tables
      Force 'nothing' transfer so that the container copy is freed.
      Bump glib_required_version to 2.21.4 (future 2.22)
      Improve support for objects as input/output argument
      Add forgotten break in switch statement
      Add release support for generic value
      Add time_t marshalling
      Take into account the fact that PyErr_WarnEx could fail
      Add gobject.enum_from_g_type
      Add gobject.flags_from_g_type
      Fix enums and flags
      Refactore enum tests and add one for flags
      Suppress dead code
      Honour underscore notation
      Refactor pyg_info_new
      Refactor _wrap_g_function_info_is_(method|constructor)
      Refactor _wrap_g_registered_type_info_get_g_type
      Refactor _wrap_g_struct_info_get_fields
      Refactor _wrap_g_struct_info_get_methods
      Refactor _wrap_g_enum_info_get_values
      Refactor _wrap_g_object_info_get_parent
      Refactor _wrap_g_object_info_get_methods
      Refactor _wrap_g_object_info_get_fields
      Refactor _wrap_g_object_info_get_interfaces
      Refactor _wrap_g_interface_info_get_methods
      Refactor _wrap_g_value_info_get_value
      Refactor pygi_base_info_repr
      Refactor PyGIBaseInfo(|_Type)
      Refactor PyGIRepository(|_Type)
      Refactor _wrap_g_irepository_require
      Refactor _wrap_g_irepository_find_by_name
      Refactor _wrap_g_irepository_get_namespaces
      Refactor _wrap_g_irepository_get_infos
      Remove unused code
      Refactor _wrap_g_irepository_get_typelib_path

The release code is now in good shape for most of the types supported so
far. Memory trashing should be much less than it used to be. The code is
still not as clear and simple as I'd like it to be, but that's a never
ending issue.

I probably had other (interesting?) things to say, but I worked all day
long and I need some sleep; sorry.

Simon van der Linden <simon vanderlinden agora eu org>