GSoC: Anjuta Vim Integration Weekly Reports

Sorry for sending this in late (I didn't check my mail for a while...), and my internet (and mouse) happened to conk off at all the wrong moments.

Week 1 (Blog report [1])
------

   Prior to this week, I had played around with a lot of the GNOME libraries, and then made an Anjuta plugin out of my efforts (the efforts being a simple Timer Applet).
   At the beginning of the first week, I started by creating a plugin that embeds Vim into Anjuta using a GtkSocket. I began the implementation of the required interfaces to make the plugin treated like an editor [0].
    Discussions with my mentor Johannes Schmid (jhs), and my 'pseudo-mentor' Sebastian Granjoux (seb), made me realise that embedding Vim might have a few issues with the current plugin architecture provided by Anjuta. In summary, the issues are a) a single vim instance can handle many files, and b) that vim can open files of it's on voilition :-P. I'm pretty sure I'll find a few more problems along the way. I think I might have to reimplement some of the interfaces to let me handle some of vim's features. Considering that many of these features would be used by an emacs editor plugin, I think I can justify their creation.
    Towards the end of the week, I started to implement the interface functions (which till now were/are blank, returning NULL or 0), and had to discuss the possible methods of communicating with Vim. At this point I must thank lucasr profusely for adding my blog to Planet GNOME, where I got some excellent ideas [2], which I plan on implementing this week.
   My timetable has changed a bit, but I do not anticipate any problems. I am managing my code on Google Code [3]. My mentors have been great to me, and have helped me figure out the way forward.