Progress Report - HID handling

Hija,

I have not been able to contact daniels yet regarding the status of the
HAL code in xserver, I hope he'll be on IRC soon.

Anyway, next to this I've been looking at the bluez dbus interface,
hoping to be able to let hidd scan for known btid's, but didn't manage
to get this working yet (at least with the bluez 2.x series). I should
upgrade to 3.x but read several "don't" reports. Looks like 3.x isn't
very supported in my distribution yet, and I wouldn't like to loose bt
functionality now. I might have to create packages myself.
Regarding the dbus interface, some co-operation with Tadas might be
useful.

Finally I've been looking at KDE's mouse configuration capabilities.
Looks like they got special support for Logitech mouses (setting mouse
resolution etc), as I planned to implement. I should get in touch with
the author of this code to find out where he got the necessary
documentation how to do this.
It might be worthwile to refactor mouse settings (eg for logitech
devices) to HAL as an addon or callout, so the interface in the end-user
applications would be easier and code duplication would be avoiding
(incl. capability listing duplication etc). I'll send an email to the
hal list regarding this.

Exams started now for some weeks (as stated in my application letter),
they got top priority.

Nicolas