For SoC Students - Reporting your progress

Hello SoC students,

This year we decided we should have some way to keep track of the
progress of your projects. This way we can:

- Find out if you are going well or bad with your projects;
- Try to help you to revert any bad situation as soon as possible;
- Communicate better about your projects achievements to the GNOME community;
- Help you to get more involved in the GNOME community;

So, what does it mean in practice?
This means we expect you to send a short weekly report to this mailing
list (gnome-soc-list) every monday. Also, we *suggest* you to blog
about your achievements so that other developers can keep track of
your latest news.

What do we expect to see in your weekly report?
Any kind of quick information about the current status of your project
such as your achievements during the week, how is your communication
with your mentor, how is your involvement with the community, problems
you're facing (svn account, coding challenges, architecture decisions,
etc), things you've been studying to move your project forward,
interesting references, etc.

What happens if I don't send the report?
I will personally keep bugging you via e-mail asking what's going on.
I'm serious. :-)

What if I didn't code anything during the week?
Write about your non-coding project activities in your report. :-) We
don't expect you to be coding all the time.

We'll be waiting for your first reports on monday (07/05). Next
reports should be sent in the following weeks.

Let us know if you have any questions, ok?

Cheers!

--lucasr