Evolution Data Server Google Calendar Backend - Final Status Report

Hey everyone :)

It was an amazing experience working on google summer of code , something which i had dreamed off doing but never really imagined i would get a chance to do one . Would love to say GNOME is a wonderful community with very friendly people :) , awesome projects ..!

And a big thanks to my mentors harish krishnaswamy and chenthill . Who helped me / motivated me , When moments i wanted to quit . Though i wanted to spent lots of time on my project and had a very good start , things started turning from bad to worse and from worse to very worse . Had some personal issues which forced me to spare only a few time , daily , At nights . At the best rate i could .

And as far as google calendar to evolution is concerned . These are the following things which i have done .

TASKS COMPLETED:

Writing a client library under evolution data server for google that can retrieve , update , insert , delete , and query events and feeds from google calendar
Writing a plugin in evolution and backend in eds, that enables to

   1. display events/appointments
   2. insert events "
   3. delete events "
   4. Synchronize events "
   5. Modify events. "

You can have a look at the screen shots :)

http://edsgcal.wordpress.com/screenshots-3/

TASKS YET TO BE COMPLETED:

   1. Support for all day events, recurrence events
   2. Support for alarms , attachments
   3. Support for folder synchronization

Would continue working on evolution and get things done soon .

God bless you all :) .

--

Take your candle , go light the world