Final Report: Lockdown and Deployment

Hello all,
As promised earlier, last week was spent polishing the code, writing
documentation and finally, I spent today's evening writing something
like a report for what has been done through out the last few
months.The report is at
http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2007/Reports/Sayamindu

I chose not to push the patches to bugzilla, since feature freeze is
already in effect. My plan now is to continue dogfooding the work I
have done (maybe also make my mom use it :-)), and  after GNOME 2.20
is released, merge the relevant branches to trunk.
Also, I have plans for having a general lockdown option for Nautilus,
which would make the file browser read-only, ie no modifications to
the filesystem will be possible with it (essentially right click menu
disabled, along with some keyboard shortcuts).

The SoC has been a wonderful experience. Thanks to everyone,
especially to Federico (my mentor) for all the help, encouragement and
enthusiasm. The SoC made me feel for the first time that I was indeed
a part of a wonderful and vibrant community, a community which that
not only bound together by code and other technical stuff, but also by
a number of common passions for almost everything, be it food, be it
music, be it photography, be it anything.
Thanks everyone,
Cheers,
Sayamindu

--