Re: no DPMS on HDMI output while screen lock

Hi Thomas,

I think it might be associated with the way the lock screen is intended to work: if you _lock_ your session none information should be disclosed - and that includes audio and video output too.
What about using the extension 'Turn screen off'? What it really does is to invoke the 'xset' command, like: $ xset -display :0 dpms force off - but it's really handy to have it on the system menu too and of course let people appreciate the greatness of GNOME 3 :)
Please note that while using this extension (I love it) you can quickly turn your display off the system timer that keeps track to decide when a session should be 'locked' keeps running at its own pace, so at any given moment you will find that any audio reproduced while your screen is off will stop; you can customize that time it will take to automatically lock the screen from the Power menu in Settings.
Another way to workaround this 'not desired behavior' (I will refrain myself from calling it a bug) is to try a console music player like the great and almighty MOC[0] (Music on console, duh!).

HTH.
-Martín

[0] http://moc.daper.net/