Re: Error in building gnome-shell (libedataserver version not found)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 5:15 AM SOMYA KUMAR <somya k 012 gmail com> wrote:
I am trying to build gnome-shell using jhbuild on ubuntu 14.04. I have successfully completed till jhbuild sysdeps --install. During configuring, I am getting this error -

Requested 'libedataserver-1.2 >= 3.13.90' but version of libedataserver is 3.10.4

Are you using something like "jhbuild buildone gnome-shell"? This won't work, as you also need all of gnome-shell's dependencies - at least the mutter requirement is almost guaranteed to be newer than what your distribution provides.

I tried installing evolution-data-server-devel as mentioned in this link but that didn't help.

Yes, you do have development files for evolution-data-server - the error mentions that it has found version 3.10.4 - but it's older than the required 3.13.90 version.

Could someone please suggest how to get out of this error.

Running "jhbuild build gnome-shell" should compile all dependencies of gnome-shell and gnome-shell itself.