Re: About show-desktop-icons

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 15:58 +0800, 史晶 wrote:
>  In fedora16 , the option to display icons on the desktop need to use
> Gnome-tweak-tool. I want to know how to show the icons on
> the desktop default when install the system without using
> gnome-tweak-tool.
> rpmbuild and reinstall this package, it did not work , I don't know
> why?

Did you look at <http://live.gnome.org/dconf/SystemAdministrators> ?

It looks like you should create a /etc/dconf/db/local.d/desktop-icons
file containing something like -

mkdir /etc/dconf/db/local.d
mkdir /etc/dconf/db/local.d/locks
(cat <<EOF
[org/gnome/desktop/background]
show-desktop-icons=true
EOF
) > /etc/dconf/db/local.d/desktop-icons
(cat <<EOF
org/gnome/desktop/background/show-desktop-icons
EOF
 ) > /etc/dconf/db/local.d/locks/desktop-icon
dconf update"

One idea is to try doing a post-install script and calling the gsettings
command.

Haven't tried this but from the documentation it appears that this
should work.