From: gnome-shell-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gnome-shell-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Adam Tauno Williams
Sent: 23 February 2012 17:41
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Subject: RE: The lost screenwaiter [Was: The lost screensaver]

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 08:12 +0000, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> I wouldn’t run passwd –d username, that will allow anyone to remote
> into your machine with no password unless I’m mistaking...

Yes, but that's what he wants.  There is no point in pretending what he
wants isn't a terrible idea.

Just make sure remote access is disabled [which is the default on most
current distributions].

> There is an option somewhere to allow password-less logins on the UI,
> I’d use that if I were you.

/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager set DISPLAYMANAGER_PASSWORD_LESS_LOGIN to
"yes".  At least on openSUSE.  That might work.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>