Re: Highlight the "Activities" button on boot

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Nishant Agrwal <nishantagrwal12993 gmail com> wrote:
One of the oft-mentioned weaknesses of Gnome Shell, compared to other shells like Canonical's Unity, is that unlike its counterparts, Gnome Shell does not give a new user any immediate indication of how to launch applications or do anything, really. I understand and support the rationale that users are to be presented a "blank canvas" free of distractions and clutter, but the mentioned problem should also be addressed, so I would like to share this solution:

I believe GNOME Shell now starts in overview mode.  I had already brought this up back in March or April. :)

sri