Re: Launching Terminal application freezes the GUI

Le mercredi 11 mai 2011 à 09:49 +0200, Benoît Thiébault a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have installed Gnome 3 on ubuntu 11.04 and I am so far very happy
> about it.
> I however noticed that when I launch a terminal application, it takes 6
> to 7 seconds before it is ready to use and in the meantime, the whole
> user interface of frozen.
> For such a small application, it seems a bit long (especially because I
> don't have the same behaviour with other applications, including larger
> ones such as evolution).
> Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Not that I know of. Is that when starting gnome-terminal, or another X
terminal? Please file a bug, and attach your ~/.xsession-errors right
after triggering the bug. Could you also try all the apps you have to
see if the bug occurs with another one?

Note that GNOME 3 in Ubuntu is very rough (for now?), and it may be a
bug in their packages rather than in the Shell.

Regards