Power-Off/Log out Anomaly

Is this just me or someone else experiencing this?:

When I try to power off or log out from Gnome-shell using the User Menu at the top-right corner, I get a dimming ... and that's it. The DE continues running (dimmed) but Gnome-shell partially freezes. The hot-corner and Workspace pane seizes to work but the 'Mod+4' button still activates the overview mode (alt+tab works too)

I only get a proper shutdown/restart/logout from the terminal.